37 hours per week full time
NJC Scale 4 SCP 7-11 £20,092-£21,748 plus £507 special school allowance
Ravenscliffe High School requires a flexible, hardworking and practical person to join the premises team at our ever-growing SEN school in Halifax. Duties will include a range of internal and external caretaking, practical site maintenance, and responsibilities linked to the health and safety of our community. Previous experience and skills in facilities or property maintenance is therefore essential. Occasional out of hours and weekend work may be required, for which overtime payments will be made. Please see the job description and person specification for this position for further information
We wish to appoint someone who:
- is enthusiastic and hardworking
- has the ability to carry out day to day maintenance tasks and minor repairs
- is passionate about supporting our students’ safety and security
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- has the ability to work independently and on their own initiative, yet follow instruction and rules as required.
- Is willing to work flexibly to ensure sufficient cover during the operational hours of 6.30am to 6pm. Shift patterns may therefore vary from week to week (by negotiation with the Premises Manager)
We would be able to offer:
- a supportive working environment
- an inclusive community that respects others, champions individuality and celebrates all achievements.
- a friendly, highly skilled, supportive, committed, dedicated and enthusiastic staff team.
- 26 days paid annual leave (rising to 31 after 5 years’ service) to be taken, in the main, during school holiday periods.
- Exciting opportunities for career progression, and ongoing professional development and training.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, we would welcome your application. We would also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates in advance of the closing date.
Application forms along with the job description and person specification for the role can be downloaded below or obtained from Suzanne Slater, HR/Admin Manager and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org .The closing date for applications is 12 noon Wednesday 26 January 2022. Interviews are planned for the w/c 31 January 2022.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.