Ravenscliffe was most recently inspected by OFSTED in October 2017. The inspectors judged Ravenscliffe to be "Outstanding" across the board; the fifth successive Outstanding judgement in a row.
The inspectors queried all aspects of School life, and some key excerpts from their report include:
- "the passion that the leadership team have for ensuring that the school continues to improve is clear to see"
- "the school curriculum offers a wide range of different opportunities for pupils to learn at their own pace and in their own time"
- "experiences and encounters (provided by the School) enable pupils to develop curiosity and wonder, and contributes to their very strong spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding"
- "governors are longstanding, forward thinking and highly effective at both supporting and challenging the leadership team. They are exceptionally proud of the achievment of pupils"
- "the use of EHCP targets to focus individual pupils' learning is done exceptionally well because staff know and understand the needs of the pupils"
A word from the Head...
The process of inspection was quite gruelling and so I am particularly please to inform you
that we have managed to keep our previous judgement.
As a team we don't actually like the term 'Outstanding' as it can imply perfection and we know we
still have plenty to achieve and improve on as a school and individuals within it. But in a time, when so
much of our attention and energy in recent years has been focussed on trying to secure the funding to
build and equip our new build at SpringHall, as well as running the Ravenscliffe provision, we are relieved to have secured this judgement.
I'm particularly delighted for so many people in our school community who on a daily basis, strive to
make a difference for our brilliant young people.
So I'd like to register my particular thanks to our staff, Governors, parents and carers and the large
numbers of active supporters out there in Calderdale and beyond, who have backed us so brilliantly
time and time again and who have all helped us secure this judgement.