If you're Under 16 and want to travel around West Yorkshire for less, then the Under 16 PhotoCard is just what you need. The Under 16 PhotoCard is free of charge and available to West Yorkshire residents age 11 to 16.
- Half-fare bus and train travel in West Yorkshire at any time of the day, including evenings and weekends.
- Load discounted weekly, monthly and termly tickets for unlimited travel across West Yorkshire. Find out how.
- Valid up to the day before the card holder's 16th birthday
Please be aware that without an Under 16 PhotoCard a child will have to pay the full adult fare for their journey.
A 16-18 PhotoCard is for West Yorkshire residents age 16 to 18. It is valid from your 16th birthday until the day before your 19th birthday.
It gives you half-fare travel anywhere in West Yorkshire at any time of day, including evenings and weekends (except late night services and special event services).
What discounted travel do I get?
- Half-fare bus and rail travel in West Yorkshire.
- Half MetroDay ticket for unlimited all day bus travel in West Yorkshire.
- Concessionary Train DayRover for unlimited off-peak travel on trains in West Yorkshire.
- ID for a Under 19 Bus Only tickets, for weekly/monthly unlimited bus travel in West Yorkshire.
- You can also buy a 19-25 or Student PhotoCard weekly/monthly/termly ticket, for bus and rail travel throughout West Yorkshire.
There is a £5 administration fee when you you apply for your PhotoCard.
- Free travel on buses, at any time of day, in West Yorkshire
- Free travel on buses throughout the rest of England between 0930 and 2300, Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends and on public holidays.
- Free travel on trains, at any time of day, in West Yorkshire
- Free off-peak travel on local bus services in West Yorkshire from 0930 to midnight, Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and on public holidays.
- Free travel on local bus services throughout England between 0930 and 2300, Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends and on public holidays.
- Half-fare, off-peak train travel within West Yorkshire. Off peak train travel is Monday to Friday after 0930 until 1600, then from 1830, and all day on weekends and public holidays. If you are travelling by train during the weekday evening peak - 1601 to 1829 - you will need to buy an Anytime Day Single or Anytime Day Return ticket.
A Companion Pass entitles you and a companion to free off-peak travel on local bus services when you travel within West Yorkshire, and for journeys which start in West Yorkshire. You can also use your companion pass to travel on return cross-boundary journeys to York, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire the East Riding of Yorkshire, and Hull. For return travel to areas not listed, the companion will be required to pay the fare to return to West Yorkshire. For example, your companion can travel free between Leeds and Manchester, but will be required to pay for the return journey from Manchester to West Yorkshire.
Companions are not entitled to free travel for journeys made wholly outside West Yorkshire. This means, for example, your companion can travel free between Leeds and York, but not on local journeys within York.
Your companion does not need to be the same person for every journey, but your companion cannot use the pass when travelling without you.